Mechanical editing looks over the consistency of the whole piece, so it’s applicable to all kinds of writing. It focuses on FIVE key pieces:
- Consistency of spelling, if there are different ways to spell something.
- Consistency of abbreviations, if there are different abbreviations available.
- Consistency of physical characteristics for people or places, if the piece has people or places.
- Consistency and usage of verb tenses.
- Adherence to a style guide such as MLA, APA, or Chicago. We do not specialize in other guides, but we have no issue with learning a new style.
Edits can be made in Microsoft Word’s comments or track changes, depending on if you prefer suggestions or flat-out changes.
The starting cost is $5 per page.